How to turn off the “Prevent page from creating additional dialogs”?
- This is a new feature in version 4.x of the firefox browser
- Purpose: Prevent endless loops of alert-dialogs from locking the browser.
Solution for webdesigners
- There is none.
- This feature is hardcoded in the Browser software.
Solution for users
- Start Firefox, and type about:config in the url bar. Firefox will show the preferences screen. Please take care not to make changes at random.
- Right click in the preferences area, and choose New > Integer from the popup menu.
- In the dialog box that now appears, enter dom.successive_dialog_time_limit, followed by the value 0 (zero). Press OK.